AERONET is a network consisting of 25 Partners from 9 countries.
Its goals is to foster reduction technologies for aircraft emissions. The partners and communities involved cover the whole aeronautics spectrum, i.e.:
- Aeronautical Research Centres
- Universities and research institutes,
- Aero-engine industry,
- Aircraft industry,
- Fuel industry,
- ATM R&D centres and SMEs,
- Regulatory bodies.
AERONET wants to contribute to an environemntally friendly air transport system. Its goals are:
- Support communication in aeronautics community and with atmospheric scientists,
- Facilitate exchange of information and experience,
- Foster and support co-operation and joint actions,
- Identify gaps and needs for research and development,
- Support policy in the regulatory process and R&D programme,
- Increase visibility and general awareness.
AERONET has a library that is available here.